21,000 + tons of waste enters our oceans every day
If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem...
Due to the pandemic TEAA will not be starting the project in the UK until further notice
The Extraction Action Alliance has been formed to finally combat the ever growing ocean & beach waste issues starting in the UK.
To much time and money has been spent just talking about the problems and issues when what is needed is “Extraction Action”.
Governments, organisations, companies, societies and individuals who support Extraction Action are getting involved........
The solutions are simple;
1 – Stop any more waste from keep entering the oceans.
2 – Go and collect what waste is floating or washing up on beaches, before it sinks.
Every company who has ever produced a single piece of packaging will be asked to help, support and promote the effort.
All it takes to resolve these issues are time, money and people.
We are running short of time, but there is enough money and people on the planet to help.
With the massive amount of campaigns, organisations and people who are currently volunteering to help, The Extraction Action Alliance is planning to GIVE them the support, money and equipment necessary to work together and complete this initiative.
· All the various efforts currently being made need supporting and scaling up.
· New initiatives need implementing in areas with very little or where NO action is being taken.
· Every estuary that enters the ocean needs a waste catchment barrier system and extraction method.
SECTION 5. INTERNATIONAL RULES AND NATIONAL LEGISLATION TO PREVENT, REDUCE AND CONTROL POLLUTION OF THE MARINE ENVIRONMENT
Article 207 Pollution from land-based sources
1. States shall adopt laws and regulations to prevent, reduce and control pollution of the marine environment from land-based sources, including rivers, estuaries, pipelines and outfall structures, taking into account internationally agreed rules, standards and recommended practices and procedures.
2. States shall take other measures as may be necessary to prevent, reduce and control such pollution
The actual coastline lengths of a Nation.
As an example, the small island of the United Kingdom has one of the largest coastline lengths on the planet !
(So clearing beaches and stemming the flow of waste into the oceans may not be as big a problem as you would first imagine)..
The waste will only stop flowing to the ocean when we start to capture it, until then............
Sign up to hear about updates